pH is the most important factor in controlling you pool-spa water balance. High pH results in cloudy water, staining, scale, and filtration problems. Low pH leads to corrosion of metal pipes, etched plaster, rapid loss of chlorine, and irritation to swimmers.
* Raises pH levels to the ideal range of 7.2 to 7.6 ppm
* Slows the rapid loss of chlorine caused by low pH
* Slows chlorine dissipation, so your pool-spa uses less chlorine
* Stops eye irritation, etching and corrosion caused by low pH
* Contains sodium carbonate "soda ash"
* Recommended dosage: 1 lb. per 10,000 gallons. There is a 3 units minimum, if this is the only item you are ordering.